No place in the United States offers you quite the slice of Americana as the Midwest. Just 20 miles (32 kilometers) west of Chicago, DuPage County is one of the wealthiest, healthiest, and greenest counties in Illinois – offering a unique combination of sophistication and local charm. Consisting of 38 vibrant communities, where the steaks are hearty, the craft beers are locally brewed,and the people are warm and hospitable – DuPage County attracts both the business and leisure traveler. Be prepared to experience world-class dining, high-end shopping and historical attractions.
DuPage County offers unbeatable savings, including:
- Conveniently located just 20 miles from downtown Chicago, O’Hare and Midway International Airports
- Major expressways and 3 commuter rail lines to downtown Chicago
- Over 100 hotels with competitive rates, availability & free parking
- Premier sporting events and recreation
- Miles of bike paths, nature trails & parks for outdoor excursions
Affectionately known as “The Mother Road” Route 66 is a 300-mile stretch of American roadway, passing through historic DuPage County, steeped in legend and packed full of eccentric lifers, quirky museums, and nostalgic eats such as the famous Dell Rhea’s Chicken Basket – a historic roadhouse delighting travelers with their signature “mac & cheese” and “chicken baskets” since the 1940s, as featured on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives.